Gaming and animation are two industries that are seeing a huge demand for talent. Not only they are newer fields to work in but are also witnessing tremendous growth very quickly, thereby creating great career opportunities for trained and talented people. The best way to pursue a career in animation is by getting a graduate degree or diploma in animation. But a graduate degree in animation is not very prevalent in India yet and only very few institutes offer this course at present. Students can learn animation, graphics and multimedia courses either as a full-time or part-time. While admission into full time courses, i.e. diplomas and degrees etc is offered on the basis of entrance exam, admission into part time and short term courses is offered on first come first serve basis. There are large number of institutes in all major cities and towns of India, both private and government who are providing training in animation, graphics and multimedia. Many institutes also provide internship and arranges for job placement during or after completion of the course.
More and more students are considering animation as a full time profession. There are many institutes that offer animation courses. But the decision to join the institute should be made after serious thought as it can make or break your career. Make sure you make the right choice. Here are the top five criteria for selecting an animation institute.
- Before you join a course, it is important to know what the institute offers. Know your strengths & weaknesses, and find out if the institute will help you in covering your weakness & market your strengths.
- It is crucial to research the track record of the college or institute. Read online reviews & check the credentials and also talk to alumni and get to know about their experience.
- It is important to look at the unique features offered by the institute. Some colleges may offer better infrastructure while others may offer personality development & communication classes.
- No matter where you go, the quality of your education mainly depends on faculty. Choose a college with well-educated, trained and experienced teachers.
- It is very important to know about job placement facilities provided by the institute. Check their website to know about the companies and studios where their students are placed. Make sure to check student testimonials to know about their placements.